Thursday, February 26, 2009

Potty-Training Time!

Well, Keita is finally interested in using the potty!

I had tried training him last summer, but he never really realized he was going... and the weather was too distracting for him, haha.
I decided it was time to try again since he's now 3 years old and summer is going to be coming before we know it. I feel if I don't do it now, he probably won't be trained until he's about 4!

So, the first week we tried Pull-Ups.
He couldn't really tell the difference between them and diapers; though I was kind of expecting that, I figured we'd give them a try anyway. He called them "undies" most of the time, but did slip and call them diapers quite often, so I concluded that in his mind, they were really diapers.

We went out and bought the normal big-boy cloth undies... and there was a big change, haha.

He could tell when he was wet, which was a big help. The breakthrough came on the 3rd day of these undies when he was sitting on the potty chair reading a book like usual. A look of surprise came on his face and I rewarded him with a little piece of chocolate. He wanted another piece so bad, he sat down and tried to go again, and went! It was the first time he went while trying! ....And he decided the "fountain" was fun. So now I don't have to worry about feeding him a whole chocolate bar over the course of a day, LOL.

I'm so happy!
Of course, it's not done yet, (he still needs to learn to go in public, overnight, ect...), but I didn't think he'd take to it so quickly. Guess I don't let my expectations for him get too high, haha, so I'm always pleasantly surprised!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woo hoo the reall undies really help! yeah for him!